COVID-19 관련 문의 사항
English Language Program 대면수업은 8월 4일에 재개됩니다. 대면수업 재개와 관련하여 필요한 정보 등은 이 페이지 내용을 참고해 주세요.
What has been happening in Canada, Alberta and UCalgary?
A lot has happened over the past few months. Please see below for a timeline of some important events.
Sept. 20, 2021
Proof of vaccination is required to enter non-essential, indoor public spaces in Alberta.
Sept. 14, 2021
UCalgary CovidSafe Campus initiative begins. All students and staff are required to verify their vaccination status before coming to campus. Students and staff who are not fully vaccinated must go through frequent rapid testing.
Aug. 9, 2021
Further easing of travel restrictions, including five additional airports allowing international flights; and the elimination of three-night government authorized hotel stay requirement for all travellers arriving by air.
July 6, 2021
Vaccine has become available on campus medical clinic by appointment for UCalgary studnts and staff.
July 5, 2021
Fully vaccinated travellers who meet specific conditions are expempt from quarantine and day-8 testing.
July 1, 2021
The final stage of repopening starts on July 1st, as 70% of eligible Albertans received at least one dose of vaccination. All restrictions will be lifted.
June 28, 2021
All Albertans aged 12+ are eligible to receive their second COVID-19 vaccine dose.
June 10, 2021
Stage 2 repopening started as 60% of eligible Albertans received at least one dose of vaccination. Indoor recreation, enertainment has opened with lower capacity and indoor dining in restaurants has become available again.
June 1, 2021
Stage 1 repopening started as 50% of eligible Albertans received at least one dose of vaccination. All kindergarten to grade 12 schools in Alberta have returned to in-person learning.
May 31, 2021
ELP in-person classes have resumed face-to-face instructions.
May 10, 2021
All Albertans aged 12+ became eligible to receive their first COVID-19 vaccine dose.
May 5, 2021
Government of Alberta pauses university face-to-face instruction. ELP in-person classes move online for 12 days.
Oct. 2, 2020
English Language Program Semester Program (Face-to-face and online classes) has commenced (IELTS Preparation Course and Academic Communication Certificate (ACC) Course are available online).
Sept. 14, 2020
UCalgary students who have approved study permit are able to enter Canada as of October 20th.
Sept. 4, 2020
UCalgary quarantine plan initiated to monitor ELP students in quarantine.
Sept. 1, 2020
20-30% of degree program classes to be delivered face-to-face on campus.
Aug. 4, 2020
English Language Program face-to-face on campus classes resume.
July 6, 2020
UCalgary face-to-face Summer Camps begin on campus.
June 16, 2020
Alberta ends provincial state of emergency.
June 12, 2020
Alberta lifts second of three stages of restrictions.
May 14, 2020
Alberta lifts first of three stages of public health restrictions.
April 23, 2020
Daily number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Alberta peaks (336 cases).
March 17, 2020
Alberta’s premier declares a state of emergency.
March 16, 2020
UCalgary moves all classes online.
March 15, 2020
Alberta government closes all schools and daycares.
March 12, 2020
UCalgary suspends all classes.
14-day self-isolation required after travelling to or from a foreign country.
March 11, 2020
WHO declares COVID-19 is a pandemic.
March 3, 2020
First COVID-19 case in Alberta is confirmed.
As of July 6, 2021. fully vaccinated travellers who are permitted to enter Canada are no longer required to quarantine, take a COVID-19 test on day-8, or stay at a government-authorized hotel.
- UCalgary will send out an arrival survey and provide necessary supports to students who are required to quarantine after arrival.
- Plan to quarantine for 14 days after entering Canada. You should be exempt from quarantine if you are fully vaccinated with a Government of Canada approved vaccine and meet other requirements.
- CovidSafe Campus initiative: All students will be required to verify their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination before coming to campus.
- Students who are not fully vaccinated will be provided with rapid testing kits after arrival and required to undergo reqular testing.
- UCalgary's Arrival information webpage also outlines pre arrival to post arrival process for your review.
The following safety measures will be in place:
- Face masks must be worn in all public indoor areas on campus where physical distancing is not possible
- Placement testing will be online or in small-group section.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance and exit to all classrooms
- Where possible, class work will be submitted electronically.
- Emergency Health Insurance is provided for all English Language Program students by GuardMe, which includes coverage for COVID-19 diagnosed cases in Canada.
- UCalgary follows all Alberta public health manadate.
COVID-19 public health actions | Alberta.ca
If you plan to study in Canada for more than 6 months, you are required to apply for a study permit.
Study permit processing times are taking longer than expected. We recommend that you apply online as soon as possible. While a study permit is not required to study in Canada for 6 months or less, it is still recommended for most students. As of September 7, 2021, fully-vaccinated travellers may enter Canada with an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). At this time, we do not recommend students to apply for only a TRV, as significant delays are expected. Please apply for TRV + study permit. If you are not fully-vaccinated or not eligible for an eTA, please apply for a study permit regardless of your intended program length. Please visit Government of Canada website to see your eligibility and most up-to-date information.
Yes, Homestay accommodation is available! Hosts are fully vaccinated and ready to welcome you to their homes. Please note the minimum duration required for homestay registration is 4 weeks.
Getting fully vaccinated, practicing good hygiene,and isolating when ill, will keep you safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Get fully vaccinated and update your status on the CovidSafe webportal. Appointments for vaccinations are available at our Student Wellness Services medical clinic. See datils here.
- Complete CovidSafe Rapid Testing until 14 days after you are fully vaccinated.
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly or use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Wear masks when you cannot maintain a physical distance
If you are ill, you should stay home and complete the AHS online screening tool (https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/Assessment.aspx).
If COVID-19 testing is required, you can book an appointment for free COVID-19 test online. While you are waiting for test results you should stay at home, practicing good hygiene, and maintain physical distancing. If your results come back negative you can return to school when you are feeling better, if your results come back positive, you must stay in isolation for 14 days. If your symptoms are serious you should go to a hospital. Your GuardMe Emergency Health insurance will cover COVID-19 treatment.
Online instruction and extended assignment dates are available to minimize impact on your learning.