Increasing Performance: IELTS Test Taking Strategies and Skills
Develop the skills and strategies necessary to perform your best on the IELTS test.
The course will increase your efficiency in performing IELTS exam tasks and improve performance
in the four skill areas tested by IELTS: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
The course is offered in class or online depending on the term.
Students must fulfil one of the following minimum requirements:
- IELTS Academic score of 4.5 overall, 4.0 in other skill area
- TOEFL IBT score of 34 overall, 11 in writing
- TOEFL PBT score of 410
- TOEIC score of 490
- CAEL score of 40 overall, 40 in other skill area
- Overall CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) of 5
- Completion of level 3 of UCalgary English Language Program Semester Program (ESL 100) with a minimum final grade of B+ in each course
- UCalgary English Language Program placement test score of level 4
- Duolingo English Test score of 75 overall, and 75 in production
Face to Face: $1,975
*Online course does not include emergency medical insurance, public transport pass or use of campus facilities such as recreational facilities.
Face to Face
Monday to Friday: 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Monday to Friday:
- Live Zoom Sessions (Calgary Time): 1:00 – 3:00 p.m
- One hour of asynchronous instructions
My instructor creates a positive atmosphere and it is fun to learn with her.
Rosario from Chile