Living with a Canadian family is an excellent way to improve your English and intercultural skills.
We accept only the most respectable, considerate, and dependable families who will treat our students well and help them to learn English and Canadian culture.
- A private bedroom
- A desk or table at which to study
- Three meals a day (at least one prepared), 7 days a week
- Free laundry facilities for you to do your own laundry
- Shared common areas (e.g. kitchen, living room)
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Student support by a homestay coordinator and the admin team
English Language Program (ELP) students: $225 per week or $37.50 per day
* Minors and students who are not taking ELP courses: $262.50 per week or $37.50 per day
A $250 non-refundable fee is charged per placement. If you request a new placement, an additional $250 will be charged.
Additional Storage Fees
A storage fee of between $225 and $250 may apply for periods when students are absent from the homestay between semesters.
* Due to COVID-19, the UCalgary homestay program is currently not accepting applications from minors (students under the age of 18 years). Once the situation is resolved we will resume accepting applications from minors.
Homestay Family Screening Process
Every host family is evaluated using our thorough screening process.
Every host family must begin the process by completing an extensive application form.
Qualified families are interviewed by phone.
Host families must be warm and friendly, with strong English skills. Homes must be clean, accessible by public transportation, and within a reasonable distance to the University.
Host families are continuously evaluated to ensure they continue to be suitable for our program.
They are so nice to me, and I always feel at home. I love them, and the days I spent with them will be my treasure.
Naoya from Japan